The Joint Japan and World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme is offering fully funded masters scholarships for students from developing countries for academic year 2020. The scholarships will covers; Full tuition fees, travel costs, basic medical and accident insurance and a monthly living allowance to cover living expenses and books allowance …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The Joint Japan &World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is offering fully funded scholarships for academic year 2020.
The scholarships are open to both women and men from developing countries. Applicants chosen should have relevant professional work experience and interested in pursuing a master degree program in a development-related field topic.
Scholarship recipients must be willing to return to their home country after the scholarship.
The scholarships will be tenable in one of the preferred universities indicated in the website.
The following selection criteria is taken in to consideration when selecting scholarship recipients;
- Academic excellence
- professional experience
- Relevance of program of study
Applicants from the public sector with a high potential to impact the development in their own countries after completion of their studies will be given priority during the selection process.
- A citizen of a World Bank eligible to borrow developing country
- Does not have dual citizenship of any developed country
- Must be in good health
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent earned at least 3 years prior to the scholarship application stipulated deadline
- Possess at least 3 years or more of development-related professional work experience after earning a Bachelors’ degree
- Ideally should be working full time in development-related work.
- Applicants should not be an Executive Director or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative.
The scholarship covers the items below;
- Full tuition fees
- Travel costs and $500 travel allowance for each trip
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- A monthly living allowance to cover living expenses and books allowance
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should be submitted via the online application form available in three languages (English, French and Spanish)
23rd April 2020
Please, go through all the guidelines and documents provided in the website before submitting your application