Job Title: Manager
- The recruiter is a group of company setting up retail outlets in the meat produce and related value-added products, offering a wide variety of raw, semi processed and processed foods. We seek the services of an experienced outgoing Manager for the operations of the company
- As a food retail manager, you’ll have ultimate responsibility for safeguarding the financial success of the operations of this arm of the company.
- The role has a strong hospitality element, ensuring that the outlet delivers high-quality fresh and processed food and good customer service. However, you’ll also undertake activities common to business by overseeing:
- Human resources
You will be responsible for operational, financial and people management. You’ll need to:
- Organize stock and equipment, order supplies and oversee building maintenance, cleanliness and security
- Plan and work to budgets, maximize profits and achieve sales targets set by head office
- Control takings in the outlet and administer payrolls
- Recruit new staff, and train and develop existing staff
- Coordinate staff scheduling, motivate and encourage staff to achieve targets
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant complies with health and safety regulations
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained
- Implement and instill in your team company policies, procedures and ethics
- Handle customer complaints and queries
- Implement branded promotional campaigns from head office, including the handling of point-of-sale promotional materials, or devise your own promotional campaigns
- Prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation
- Report to, and attend regular meetings of your operations
- Establish relationships with the local community and undertake activities that comply with the company’s corporate social responsibility programs.
- Hours of work are generally long should be willing to work evenings, weekends and on public holidays.
What to Expect
- The environment is fast paced, with an emphasis on delivering good customer service in a limited time frame. You may spend a lot of time ‘walking the floor’, moving around on foot or standing. The work can therefore be both physically and mentally demanding.
- You will usually wear a company uniform and dress in accordance with appropriate health and safety requirements associated with food preparation.
- A BSc in any field
- A food creative person that is interested in food business
- Experience in food and catering will be an added advantage
- Basic IT skills
- Good managerial skills
- A minimum of 10 years post NYSC
- Previous roles of middle management will be an added advantage.
You’ll need to have:
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- Self-motivation and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills
- Energy and stamina, as well as resilience
- A results-driven approach to work
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
4th April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.