The Post holder will also assist in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy for intervention programs.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Assist and support the M&E Manager in the full implementation of the organization strategy and also assist with the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities as specified in the M&E Plan
- Assists with the development of M&E systems for the coordinated design, planning, management and monitoring of programs/projects within identified priority areas and assists Ministries/Departments/Agencies in the implementation of these systems.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation strategies.
- Assists in the conduct of evaluation/impact assessment studies of key projects/programs to ensure the achievement of development outcomes.
- Assists in the formulation of M&E recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of policies, programs and projects.
- Assists in the conduct of ongoing reviews of the implementation of M&E systems within Ministries/Departments
- Conduct regular data quality audits and address data quality issues with the management.
- Analyze data, including quantitative survey program data, quantitative program data for periodic reporting, and qualitative data gathered during interviews.
- Contribute to the annual review of the M&E Strategy and Framework and assist in reflecting the changes in the technical sheets of indicators.
- Assist in research and evaluation activities.
- Support in the packaging of M&E results to stakeholders, this will involve working with the Communications team in preparing infographics for reports and debriefs
- Draft data collection instruments (i.e. surveys, interview protocols) to be used in special studies and/or for online distribution to target groups
- Interpret and use results for program improvement, including analyzing data with a view toward finding lessons and recommendations back into program implementation.
- Develop and implement frameworks and systems to monitor and evaluate projects and activities.
- Create and update indicators and tools to effectively assess progress and accomplishments on programming. Collect, analyze, and share qualitative and quantitative data to track progress toward Intervention strategic goals. Use innovative methods, including new data visualization techniques, to present and describe progress toward strategic goals.
- Develop data reporting formats to comply with donor requirements and provide data for funding proposals, donor reports, and other documents.
- In consultation with the Communications team prepare individual pieces and thematic stories based on M&E outputs for wide circulation
- Undertakes research on best practices and trends in M&E to keep abreast of modern best practices and makes recommendations for their inclusion in current and future projects, programs and policies.
- Represents the organization at meetings, conferences, courses, seminars, committee meetings and workshops.
- Other duties from time to time, as may be required by the management.
Educational and Experience:
- BSc/HND in Statistics, Public health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, or related fields
- At least 2 years’ experience in conducting health program M&E /or advocacy programs. Research and/or service delivery experience at field level desirable or related programming
- Demonstrated skills and experience in quantitative and qualitative mobile data collection and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of health programming.
- Advance knowledge of Excel & other Microsoft Office and Google products as well as SPSS or other statistical software.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, especially in a multi-cultural setting.
- Effective organization and team spirit skills
- Professional and ethical behaviour
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advance/In-depth knowledge of Excel & Proficiency with other Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and reports writing skills
- Ability to work in unstable security, harsh living and working environments.
- Must have excellent learning skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and co-ordinate the work of support staff engaged in M&E activities.
- Ability to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts