We are the directing and coordinating authority on international health within the United Nations’ system. We do this by: providing leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed; shaping the research agenda and stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description of Duties
- Advises the Head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center,
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plan ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization rules and regulations.
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Maintains the pre-qualified and assessed suppliers database
- Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI); providing reports, data and statistics.
- Provides guidance on procurement, logistics, contracting services to managers and staff.
- Ensures smooth running of operations of procurement transactions including goods and services ordering and delivery,
- Maintains regular contact with the Regional Contracting and Procurement Service (CPS/AFRO) and make follow up of the Contract Review Committee (CRC) deliberations,
- Makes a follow up of the shipment of items ordered with the forwarding companies and liaises with local authorities for taxes exemption and for timely clearing of the goods items from the customs
- Acts as the Secretary for the Local Procurement Committee.
- Analyzes and/or evaluates vendors performance, along with other designated staff members,
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Essential: First university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Desirable: An advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Essential: A minimum of five years’ experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Desirable: Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Sound knowledge and skills in procurement and budget.
- Concrete skills in implementing operations of procurement services and processes. Sound skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Strong computer skills in office applications including excel, power point, and word.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars.
- The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 60,962 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1991 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Method of Application
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) on careers.who.int to apply
Originally posted 2020-04-05 06:39:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter