Are you a skilled electrician and you’re capable enough to provide top-notch service?
Our company is seeking a reliable and experienced electrician to join our company.
If you have a strong knowledge of electrical systems, exceptional electrical problem-solving skills, and a commitment to safety, then we want to hear from you.
Join us in serving high-quality electrical services and making a meaningful impact in our community.
We are currently seeking a Licensed 309A Electrician capable of doing renovation work in Toronto and the GTA. Ideally should be available to start as soon as possible.
- Starting rate at $40/hr plus company vehicle
- Residential & Commercial Renovation experience
- Must have valid G Licence
- Company vehicle & gas card provided
Ropes Electric Inc is a growing electrical contracting company looking to hire licensed electricians who are self motivated and can work both independently and as a team.
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Salary: $40.00 to $45.00 hourly, 40 hours per week.
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible.
- Vacancy: 1 Vacancy.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday.
- Shift and schedule: Monday to Friday.
- Verified: Verified by Indeed.
Advertised until: 2024-02-10
French not required
Education: Candidate should have solid knowledge of Ontario Electric Safety Code Book
Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
- Interpret electrical blueprints and technical diagrams to ensure proper installation and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Inspect and test electrical equipment and components to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Adhere to local and national electrical codes and safety standards to ensure the protection of workers and the public.
- Collaborate with other construction professionals to coordinate electrical installations with other building systems.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to customers on efficient and sustainable electrical solutions.
- Respond to emergency service calls to address electrical issues and ensure the safety of the premises.
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements in electrical technology to improve skills and knowledge.
Education and Training: Completion of a vocational program or apprenticeship is typically necessary to gain the skills and knowledge needed for the profession.
Technical Knowledge: Understanding electrical systems, wiring, and safety protocols is fundamental for success in this field.
Problem-Solving Skills: Electricians often encounter complex issues that require critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Physical Strength: The job can involve strenuous physical tasks, so being in good physical condition is important.
Adaptability: Electricians often work in various environments, so being able to adapt to different settings is crucial for the role.
High School Diploma: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required to begin the process of becoming an electrician.
Electrical Apprenticeship: Completion of an electrical apprenticeship program, which includes a combination of on-the-job training and classroom instruction.
Knowledge of Building Codes: Familiarity with Canadian electrical codes and regulations, as well as a commitment to working in compliance with safety standards.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in reading blueprints, technical diagrams, and schematics, as well as the ability to install and repair electrical systems and components.
Physical Fitness: Good physical condition, as the job may involve working in confined spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting heavy equipment.
Strong Work Ethic: A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Communication Skills: Effective communication skills to liaise with clients, coworkers, and other professionals in the construction industry.
Licence/Certification: Are you a Licensed 309A Electrician? (required)
The candidate must be a licensed 309A Electrician with renovation experience, have a valid G Licence and be willing to work in Toronto and the GTA.
Work Location: On the road.
Who can apply for this job:
Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How To Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the typical working hours for electricians?
A: Electricians often work full-time, and their hours may vary depending on the specific job. Some electricians work regular weekday hours, while others may be required to work evenings, weekends, or overtime, particularly for urgent repairs or construction projects with tight deadlines.
Q: Are there opportunities for career advancement in the field of electrical work?
A: Yes, there are opportunities for advancement in the field of electrical work. After gaining experience as a journeyman electrician, individuals may have the opportunity to become a master electrician, electrical contractor, or project manager, or to specialise in areas such as industrial or commercial electrical work.
Q: What are the safety considerations for electricians?
A: Safety is very important for electricians. They must stick to strict safety protocols, follow building codes and regulations, use personal protective equipment, and follow proper locking and tagging procedures when working on electrical systems to prevent accidents and injuries.
Q: What is the job outlook for electricians?
A: The job outlook for electricians is positive, with steady demand for skilled electricians in various sectors, including construction, maintenance, and manufacturing. As technology advances and infrastructure expands, the need for electricians to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems is expected to remain strong.