If you’re an experienced and reliable delivery truck driver looking for a new opportunity, then this is for you.
We are looking for a dedicated and skilled delivery driver to join our ranks and help us deliver goods to our customers safely and efficiently.
If you can provide excellent service and have a strong work ethic, we’d love to hear from you.
- Location: St. John’s, NL
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time.
- Salary: 15.75 hourly / 35 to 40 hours per week.
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible.
- Vacancy: 2 Vacancies.
- Verified: Verified by Job Bank..
- Advertised until: 2024-02-10
- Languages: English
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products.
- Professionalism in customer service.
- Load and unload goods.
- Accept payment or invoices for items delivered.
Experience and specialization:
Transportation/travel experience: Local
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle to transport goods to designated locations.
- Load and unload cargo, ensuring that items are secured properly to prevent damage during transit.
- Follow delivery schedules and routes to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Maintain the cleanliness and functionality of the delivery truck, performing routine inspections and addressing any issues promptly.
- Collect payments from customers, if applicable, and obtain signatures for delivery confirmation.
- Strict adherence to traffic laws and safe driving practices to ensure the safety of oneself and others on the road.
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers, customers, and colleagues to coordinate deliveries and address any issues that may arise.
- Keep accurate records of deliveries, mileage, and fuel usage for reporting purposes.
- Continuously monitor and assess the condition of the delivery vehicle, reporting any maintenance or repair needs.
As the job posting is in Canada, the qualifications for a delivery truck driver would usually include the following:
- Driver’s Licence: A valid and clean driver’s licence for the specific class of vehicle you will be driving is essential. For delivery truck drivers, this is usually a Class 3 or higher commercial driver’s licence (CDL).
- Driving Experience: Experience operating delivery trucks or similar vehicles, including a record of safe and responsible driving.
- Legal Eligibility: Eligibility to work in Canada, including a clean driving record with no serious infractions or criminal convictions that would disqualify you from operating commercial vehicles.
- Knowledge of Regulations: Familiarity with federal and provincial transportation regulations, including knowledge of hours of service regulations, transportation of dangerous goods, and other relevant legislation.
- Physical Fitness: The ability to lift and move heavy items, as well as good physical health to meet the demands of a delivery driver’s responsibilities.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills to interact with clients and colleagues, as well as to follow instructions accurately and relay relevant information to dispatchers and other team members.
- Time Management: The ability to manage time effectively, adhere to delivery schedules, and navigate routes efficiently.
- Customer Service Skills: A professional and courteous look when dealing with customers, with the ability to provide excellent service and resolve any delivery-related issues with a positive and helpful attitude.
- Maintenance Knowledge: Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance to conduct routine inspections and address minor mechanical issues.
- Adaptability: The ability to work in various weather conditions and handle unexpected situations that may arise during deliveries, such as traffic delays or changing delivery requirements.
- Security and safety:
Driving record check (abstract)
- Transportation/travel information:
Valid driver’s licence
- Work conditions and physical capabilities:
Who can apply for this job:
Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How To Apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the basic requirements to become a delivery truck driver?
A: A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and sometimes a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) are required. Some employers may also require a high school diploma or GED.
Q: What are the typical duties of a delivery truck driver?
A: Delivery truck drivers are responsible for transporting goods from a distribution center to customers. This may involve loading and unloading cargo, following delivery schedules, and ensuring the safe and timely delivery of products.
Q: What are the working hours and conditions for delivery truck drivers?
A: Delivery truck drivers often work full-time schedules, and their hours may vary depending on the employer and the nature of the goods being transported. They may also be exposed to various weather conditions and have to lift and carry heavy items.
Q: What are the opportunities for career advancement in delivery truck driving?
A: Experienced delivery truck drivers may have opportunities to move into supervisory roles, fleet management, or even transition into other areas of logistics and transportation.
Q: What are the average salary and benefits for delivery truck drivers?
A: The salary for delivery truck drivers can vary based on experience, location, and employer. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for delivery truck drivers was $33,010 as at May 2020. Benefits such as healthcare, retirement plans, and paid time off may also be offered by some employers.