Are you an individual capable of creating a positive and supportive work environment?
Do you have what it takes to build strong relationships and foster employee growth and development?
At Staff Depot Inc., there is a vacant role as an HR Manager who plays a key role in shaping our company culture and driving our business success.
We are seeking a talented individual who is dedicated to promoting a healthy and inclusive workplace, implementing best HR practices, and providing strategic leadership in all areas of human resources.
If you are a proactive, empathetic, and dynamic professional with a strong understanding of HR principles and proven experience in managing people, we want to hear from you.
Apply now and be part of our mission to empower and inspire our employees to be the best they can be.
- Location: Mississauga, ON
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Salary: 28.00 hourly / 35 to 40 hours per week
- Working Time: Day, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible.
- Vacancy: 1 Vacancy
- Verified: Verified by Job Bank.
There is also the possibility of an in-house position at the agency.
- Advertised until: 2024-02-07
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Experience: 1 to less than 7 months.
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements.
- Prepare and post notices and advertisements.
- Collect and screen applicants.
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment.
- Review candidate inventories.
- Contact potential applicants to arrange interviews.
- Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions.
- Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates.
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures.
- Determine eligibility to entitlements and arrange staff training.
- Provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs.
- Supervise personnel clerks performing filing, typing and record-keeping Windows.
Experience and specialization:
- Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Windows
Education: A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, or a related field is often required. Many employers also prefer candidates with a master’s degree or professional certification in HR.
Experience: Employers generally seek candidates with several years of progressive HR experience, including experience in supervisory or managerial roles. Experience in areas such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, and HR strategy development is highly desirable.
HR Certification: While not always mandatory, having a professional HR certification, such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR, can demonstrate a strong understanding of HR principles and may enhance your competitiveness for HR manager positions.
Leadership and Communication Skills: Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills are crucial for HR managers. This includes the ability to effectively lead and motivate a team, resolve conflicts, and communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
Strategic Thinking: HR managers are often involved in strategic planning and decision-making. Therefore, the ability to think strategically, analyze data, and align HR initiatives with organizational goals is a valuable asset.
Ethical Conduct: HR managers need to demonstrate integrity and handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism and discretion.
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
Work under pressure
Attention to detail
Who can apply for this job:
Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not respond to your application.
How To Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What qualifications are typically required for an HR Manager role?
A: A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is typically required, along with several years of progressive HR experience and a strong understanding of Canadian labor laws.
Q: What are the primary responsibilities of an HR Manager?
A: HR Managers are responsible for overseeing all HR functions, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, and compliance with labor laws. They also play a key role in developing and implementing HR policies and strategies.
Q: What leadership skills are important for an HR Manager?
A: HR Managers should possess strong leadership qualities, as they are often tasked with leading a team of HR professionals, fostering a positive work culture, and setting strategic HR objectives aligned with the organization’s goals.
Q: How does technology proficiency factor into HR Manager roles?
A: Proficiency with HR technology, such as HRIS (human resources information systems), is increasingly important for HR Managers to efficiently manage HR data, streamline processes, and utilize analytics for informed decision-making. Additionally, technological know-how helps in implementing and managing digital HR tools for recruitment, payroll, and employee engagement.