Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping, and instrumentation products in Canada.
We are currently looking to expand our warehouse team and have a warehouse associate position available in our Dorval operation.
Our company offers competitive salaries, and you can get the full benefits package at www.unifiedalloys.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted; preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in warehousing and metals.
Positions will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
No phone calls, please, and submit your resume and salary expectations in English to the attention of Human Resources.
Please also remember to include the job title and location in the email heading.
- Location: 611 Av Meloche, Dorval, QC.
- Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Salary: $39,000 annually
- Start Date: Starts as soon as possible.
- Vacancy: 1 Vacancy.
- Verified: Indeed.
Language: English and French fluently (required)
Supplemental pay types: Overtime pay
Experience: forklift operation: 1 year (preferred)
warehouse: 2 years (preferred)
Shift and schedule: 8 hour shift
Overtime: Day shift
Ability to Commute: DORVAL, QC (required)
Work Location: In person
- As an integral member of the team, the Warehouse Associate is responsible to accurately and safely store, gather, package and prepare product according to the sales orders and established practices and procedures for product storing, picking and shipping.
- They are also responsible to identify and confirm products received and report quality and quantity non conformances.
- They must work co-operatively with all personnel to ensure products are shipped and received accurately, in a timely fashion and all necessary paperwork is completed in detail.
- Experience in a warehouse setting, preferably in a fast-paced environment would be an asset. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with stainless steel pipe, fittings and flanges.
- Strong bilingual skills (French & English) required.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse procedures, processes and techniques including packaging, sorting, stacking, product placement/picking, and inventory control.
- Knowledge of logistics including carriers, shipping policies, and procedures, would be considered an asset.
- Basic computer / keyboarding skills. Capable of following written / verbal instructions.
- Experience operating warehouse machines/tools (saws, banders, hand tools, power tools, etc.), would be considered an asset.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items (to prescribed maximum of ~ 50 lbs.)
- Accurately pick, pack, and ship products as per work practices and procedures, customer requirements, and sales department notes.
- Load/unload products from trucks and shelving using a forklift or other equipment.
- Accurately document product details, including heat numbers, quantities, back-ordered items, etc.
- Organize incoming and outgoing products.
- Check product for the correct size, grade, schedule, stenciling/stamping, damage, and quantity and process according to company policy and procedures.
- Receive product as per work practices and procedures.
- Report quality and/or inventory discrepancy issues and ensure resolution. Ensure inventory counts and quality assurance checks are completed, as required.
As a warehouse associate in Canada, the usual job qualifications may include:
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is usually required. Some employers may prefer candidates with post-secondary education or specialized training in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field.
Experience: Prior experience in a warehouse or distribution environment is often preferred, although some entry-level positions may be available for those with no previous experience.
Physical fitness: The ability to lift and move heavy objects, as well as stand, walk, and perform physical tasks for extended periods, is important for this role.
Forklift certification: Many employers require or prefer candidates who have a valid forklift operator’s certification. If you don’t have this certification, some employers may provide training on the job.
Attention to detail: A keen eye for detail is essential for tasks such as inspecting incoming shipments, picking orders, and maintaining accurate inventory records.
Teamwork and communication skills: The ability to work effectively in a team, as well as good communication skills for coordinating with coworkers and supervisors, are valuable in a warehouse environment.
Basic computer skills: Some positions may require basic computer proficiency for tasks such as using inventory management software or operating warehouse technology.
Safety consciousness: A commitment to following safety protocols and ensuring a safe work environment for yourself and your colleagues is essential.
Who can apply for this job: Unfortunately, this company does not accept applications from outside of Canada.
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
How To Apply
Apply online at: https:// ca.indeed.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the typical work environment for a warehouse associate?
A: Warehouse associates works in a large, open warehouse environment that may be subject to varying temperatures. They may also spend time in cooler or freezer areas if the warehouse handles perishable goods. The work can be physically demanding, requiring frequent lifting, carrying, and movement of heavy items.
Q: What are the typical working hours for a warehouse associate?
A: Warehouse associate positions may involve various shifts, including day, evening, or night shifts, depending on the needs of the organisation. Overtime work may be required during peak periods or busy seasons, and some positions may involve weekend work as well.
Q: What career advancement opportunities are available for warehouse associates?
A: Warehouse associates may have opportunities for advancement into supervisory or management roles within the warehouse, especially for those who demonstrate a strong work ethic, leadership abilities, and a dedication to their work. Additionally, some organizations offer training and development programs that can help warehouse associates grow their skills and take on more challenging roles within the company.